*Photos courtesy of Matt Kennedy & Benjamin Clifford.
In Part Two of The Photographer's Edit Workflow, we'll review how to create your Editing Style Profile using sample images as references, sharing your favorite Lightroom Classic presets, and commenting on additional details about your personal approach to editing. By submitting these preferences, you'll ensure we process your images in a way that matches your style as closely as possible!
Now, if you’re still figuring out your style, you can always select one of our default editing styles to use. Currently you can choose between 'PE Standard' or 'PE Film', both of which include presets developed by us for each style. If you select either of these, our default settings will be automatically filled in for you. But if you have your own before and after images of your style, or a favorite Lightroom Classic preset, go ahead and create a Custom Editing Style Page instead!
You can create up to three different Custom Editing Style Pages (if you use different styles for different shoots!) by going to your Account Dashboard, and clicking the 'Modify' button in the 'Editing Styles' box! From there, just click 'Customize' to be taken to an empty Editing Style Page, where you can upload some before/after images of your style and Lightroom presets that help you achieve that style!
You don't need to send us a Lightroom Classic (v8) preset to post-process your images. But if there's a favorite preset that gives your images a look that reflects your style, send it our way! Our editing team will apply it to your images before we make any adjustments to color, contrast, brightness, etc.
Sending a preset to us is a simple, one-time process. You'll need to have a preset set up in your own copy of Lightroom Classic (v8). Then you can easily export the preset and send it to us for future jobs.
*Please make sure that your preset matches your before/after images, or your reference images (labeled green) in your Lightroom Classic Catalog (v8).
Locate and Export the Preset:
- Open Lightroom and go to the Develop module.
- Expand the Presets panel on the left and locate the preset.
- Right-click the preset and choose 'Show in Finder/Explorer' (depending on if you're using Mac or Windows).
- You can then copy the preset to a different location and rename it if you'd like. I'd recommend copy/pasting them to the Desktop.
- Lightroom Classic (v8) presets will have an ".xmp" extension.
- Log in to your PE account. Click 'Account' to be taken to your Account Dashboard.
- From the Account Dashboard, click 'Modify' in the 'Editing Styles' box.
- Go to the Custom Editing Style Page you'd like the upload your preset to.
- Click one of the two available slots for Lightroom presets. You can upload one color and one black/white preset per Custom Editing Style Page.
- Choose the ".xmp" file that you previously saved.
- The file will upload, and you'll see a checkmark in the preset slot once it's been successfully uploaded.
Watch the entire workflow.