*Photos courtesy of Matt Kennedy & Benjamin Clifford.
In Part Two of The Photographer's Edit Workflow, we'll review how to create your Editing Style Profile using sample images as references, sharing your favorite Lightroom Classic CC presets, and commenting on additional details about your personal approach to editing. By submitting your preferences, you ensure we process your images in a way that matches your style as closely as possible!
Now, if you’re still figuring out your style, you can always select one of our default editing styles to use. Currently you can choose between 'True to Life' or 'Film', both of which include presets developed by us for each style. If you select either of these, our default settings will be automatically filled in for you. But if you have your own before and after images, or a favorite Lightroom CC Classic preset, go ahead and select 'My Custom Style' instead!
You don't need to send us a Lightroom Classic CC (7/8) preset to post-process your images. But if there's a favorite preset that gives your images a look that reflects your style, send it our way! Our editing team will apply it to your images before we make any adjustments to color, contrast, brightness, etc.
Sending a preset to us is a simple, one-time process. You'll need to have a preset set up in your own copy of Lightroom Classic CC (7/8). Then you can easily export the preset and send it to us for future jobs.
*Please make sure that your preset matches your before/after images, or your reference images (labeled green) in your Lightroom Classic CC Catalog (7/8).
Locate and Export the Preset:
- Open Lightroom and go to the Develop module.
- Expand the Presets panel on the left and locate the preset.
- Right-click the preset and choose 'Export', or 'Show in Finder/Explorer' (depending on if you're using Mac or Windows).
- You can then copy the preset to a different location and rename it if you'd like. I'd recommend copy/pasting them to the Desktop.
- Lightroom 7 or 8 presets will have an ".xmp" extension.
- Log in to your PE account.
- From the Account menu, click Preferences.
- Click one of the slots for a Lightroom Preset.
- Choose the ".xmp" file that you previously saved.
- The file will upload, and you'll see a checkmark in the preset slot.
Watch the entire workflow.