Exporting a Capture One Catalog (v21 and 22)
Part Two of The PE Capture One Workflow walks you through preparing your photos for post-processing using Capture One (v21 and 22). This review also includes tips for sending reference sample files.
CAPTURE ONE EXPORT
- Open Capture One.
- Select the images you'd like us to edit. Select all by clicking on one image in browser and then pressing CMD-A (Mac) or CTRL-A (Windows).
- *Optional step* (If you have any image you've already edited that you'd like us to use as style reference, please select those as well and label them in green so we can use them as editing reference. You can do this by right clicking on the image and selecting ‘Color Tag', then select 'Green'. You do not need to include the total amount of green images in the total image quantity when you submit an order with us).
- Go to ‘File’ tab, go down to ‘Export Collection as Catalog…’
5. A window will pop up, go ahead and name the catalog (we normally recommend your client's name and your studio name). Select where you want the catalog to export to (we suggest Desktop).
6. Check the box marked 'Also Include Referenced Originals'.
7. Click ‘Export Collection as Catalog.
8. Select the Capture One catalog file (.cocatalog), right-click, and select "Compress" if you're on a Mac/Apple. If you're using Windows you'd right-click the catalog file and select 'Send to' and then select 'Compressed (zipped) folder'.
9. Take the newly created zipped folder and upload it to either Dropbox, WeTransfer (wetransfer.com), or Google Drive. You can then upload this link directly to the website by going to your Account Dashboard/Orders Panel and clicking "Upload Images", then pasting your link and hitting submit.
10. Or you can upload the zipped folder directly to our server by going to your Account Dashboard/Orders Panel and clicking “Upload Images”, then selecting ‘Upload Images’ to open the server on your web browser.
- Please do NOT rename your original unedited RAW files after sending us your catalog. If you'd like to rename your files, please do so before creating a catalog to send us. :)
Please sign in to leave a comment.