In Part One of The PE Capture One Workflow, we'll review how to create your Editing Style Profile using sample images as references, sharing your favorite Capture One style, and commenting on additional details about your personal approach to editing. By submitting these preferences, you'll ensure we process your images in a way that matches your look as closely as possible!
Now, if you’re still figuring out your look, you can always select one of our five default editing looks to use. Currently you can choose from PE Standard, PE Film, PE Dark & Moody, PE Warm & Creamy, and PE Light & Airy - all of which include styles developed by us for each look. If you select any of these, our default settings will be automatically filled in for you. But if you have your own before and after images of your look, or a favorite Capture One style, go ahead and create a Custom Editing Style Page instead!
You can create up to three different Custom Editing Style Pages (if you use different looks for different shoots!) by going to your Account Dashboard, and clicking the 'Modify' button in the 'Editing Styles' box! From there, just click 'Customize' to be taken to an empty Editing Style Page, where you can upload some before/after images of your look and Capture One styles that help you achieve that look!
CAPTURE ONE STYLES
If there's a favorite Capture One style (versions 21 or 22) that gives your images a specific look, send it our way! Our editing team will apply it to your images before we make any adjustments to color, contrast, brightness, etc.
Sending a style to us is a simple, one-time process. You'll need to have a custom style set up in your own copy of Capture One (v21 or 22). Then you can easily locate the style and send it to us for future jobs.
*Please make sure that your style matches your before/after images, or your reference images (labeled green) in your Capture One Catalog (v21 or 22).
Locate the Style:
- Open Finder/Explorer (depending on if you're using Mac or Windows).
- Navigate to:
Mac - /Users/[your user name]/Library/Application Support/Capture One/Styles
Windows - C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\CaptureOne\Styles
- Capture One (v21 or 22) styles will have an ".costyle" extension.
Upload the Style to PE:
- Log in to your PE account. Click 'Account' to be taken to your Account Dashboard.
- From the Account Dashboard, click 'Modify' in the 'Editing Styles' box.
- Go to the Custom Editing Style Page you'd like to upload your style to.
- Click one of the two available slots for Capture One styles. You can upload one color and one black/white style per Custom Editing Style Page.
- Choose the ".costyle" file that you previously found.
- The file will upload, and you'll see a checkmark in the style slot once it's been successfully uploaded.
You'll notice that there are two style slots: one for color and one for black/white. Feel free to upload a style for each. You can upload one color and one black/white style per each Custom Editing Style Page.
ICC Color Profiles
Uploaded styles do not always include the ICC Color Profile needed to apply the style. As a result, the color profile will state that it’s “missing” in Capture One. Not to worry, you can upload your ICC Color Profiles to your Editing Style too!
To upload your ICC Color Profile:
- Open Capture One (v21 or 22)
- Go to the Color tool tab > Base Characteristics panel > ICC Profile.
- From the drop-down menu choose Import and select your custom camera profile.
- Find applicable .icm or .icc profiles, then click on the hyperlink in the Capture One Styles section to upload
Please be sure to select the appropriate Custom Editing Style on the order form for the style and profiles to be applied to your images.