*Photos courtesy of Benjamin Clifford.
Part five of The Photographer's Edit Workflow reviews how to manage completed orders within Lightroom CC Classic. We review connecting the updated Lightroom catalog with your original photos, filtering culled and B&W photos or referencing collections, and merging editing with your primary catalog. We also go over submitting feedback or requesting a redo.
RELINKING YOUR CATALOG
- Download your completed catalog from your Account Dashboard.
- Please place the zipped folder on your Desktop, then unzip the folder to open the completed catalog.
- When you open the completed catalog from us, all of your images will be grayed out - this is normal!
- There should be " ! " marks in the upper right corner of all of your images. Click on one of these and a pop up window should appear telling you to relink to a specific original image.
- Once you relink this, the rest of your images should start to load.
- If this doesn't happen, sometimes closing and reopening Lightroom helps!
To merge our catalog into your main catalog:
- Close out of our catalog, and go to File > Open Recent and select your main catalog.
- Once your main catalog is open, go to File > Import from Another Catalog, and select our completed catalog you just had open.
- In the dialog box that pops up, make sure to select Replace: 'Metadata and develop settings only', and uncheck 'Preserve old settings as a virtual copy'. And click 'Import'.
- At this point, you should see our edits load on top of your images.
Watch the entire workflow.